The beginning August 2010 information

Hi ! and Welcome to Montessori 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with Mr. Norman,

I will try to answer some of the basic questions here but free to email me with specific concerns. The easiest form of communication for me is email, especially once the school day has begun.

my school email: normant@westottawa.net
my school phone: 786-1828
rm. 122
class blog: http://www.mrnormans.blogspot.com/ (this is where I post pictures, announcements, and so forth)

Phone calls are welcomed and I will return them as soon as I can. If you have an emergency contact the Waukazoo Office.
@ 786- 1800

I will need some volunteers at various times during the year. A few for field trips, and a few for spelling tests on Fridays. I try to accommodate every one that wants to help, and some things we need donated during the year will be posted on the class blog. I will not have any parent volunteer needs in the classroom until after the MEAP test is done. (mid October) If something comes up I will post it on the blog and it usually is first come first serve.

I really enjoy teaching and learning along with my students. I chose this profession because it is a truly wonderful fit. I’m always amazed at the end of the year how much your children have grown and learned, and how much I miss them over the summer. I had great support and confidence from my parents last year and hope to continue that lovely feeling this year.

The beginning of the school year is a bit nerve racking for every one. Please, help your child feel reassured by reminding them to take it one day at a time. If you forget something, or your child forgets something, don’t worry we are all just getting back into the groove. Everything will be O.K.
And like I mentioned earlier, email me with questions and I’ll get back to you as soon as a I can.

Some things you will need

1. gym shoes to leave at school

2. daily snack ( this is an individual snack for the morning)
if you forget it, lunch is just around the corner.

3. a backpack to carry the “go home folder”
(this goes back and forth daily, another way to communicate.)

4. That’s it for now,


My personal info:

I’m married to a wonderful woman, Kathryn, and we have 5 children. We’ve been married 10 years! I grew up on the North Side of Holland, and graduated from W.O.H.S. This is my seventh year as a teacher at West Ottawa, I also went to Waukazoo elementary as a child, around 1989. I have bachelors degree in Fine Art from the University of Michigan and Masters in Elementary Ed. from G.V.S.U. My Montessori certification is through North American Montessori Center. I enjoy painting and drawing, and spending time with family. In the summers we like to visit Northern Michigan, specifically Arbutus Lake. It is a spectacular spot. I look forward to year of building strong relationships with you and your family. See you again soon.


Sincerely,

Mr. Norman

Popular Posts